REFLECTIVE WRITING 

      BY EDRYANA ASME 

    


        My name is Edryana Asme Anak Sanggat and  I am 20 years old. I was born on the 6 september 2003 in Miri, Sarawak.I am currently in the final semester of my diploma programme. There will be ups and downs while studying far away from home, but I am confident that I will graduate with good grades that will make my family and myself proud.

    In this reflective essay, I'd like to offer my experience with the subject Reference and Information Services for Information Agencies, or IMD312 . I have no idea what I will learn in this class. As it turns out, thanks to our wonderful professor, Madam NurFaizah, this is by far the most enjoyable lesson I have ever taken.


    IMD312, Information Agencies' Reference and Information Services, was one of the classes I took last semester. The IMD312 course's reference and information services teach me how to detect information needs and, more importantly, how to assist consumers in obtaining the information they seek. This service is important to me because it contributes to ensuring that library clients have access to information. Furthermore, from what I've seen, reference staff members teach new users how to use library resources and do effective searches. Because most libraries use OPAC or other bibliographic databases, which allow users to obtain material information through UiTM's OPAC system, users find it easier to use online public access catalogues (OPAC) than manual catalogues. Having said that, assessing information and reference services is an essential duty for information professionals because it can improve the quality of services provided. While I was there, I was asked questions about the quality of the library's staff and the need for materials.

    As the classes go, I've noticed that the subjects are becoming increasingly focused on the materials or sources from which we can learn more about various fields. For example, we have encyclopedias, which contain information on a wide range of subjects and provide additional background material to assist us understand more about what we are looking for. Aside from learning about knowledge sources, I also study about the services that a librarian should provide to patrons. Librarians must not only sit at the information counter and do nothing, but they must also provide services to users in order to assist them.

    Finally, every topic in this programme serves a function and must be finished if students want to work in this industry. I learned a lot of new information that I will put to use later. I can now ascertain the outcomes of finishing the course offered by this programme with greater ease and precision. In the future, I anticipate seeing more systems that allow users to swiftly access the information they need to accomplish several operations. Jobs in information agencies should also be more extensively promoted so that people are aware of their presence and the responsibilities they play in the nation, society, and, most importantly, their company.


PICTURE WITH MADAM NURFAIZAH






Comments